WHAT IS TIMON?
Timon is an app for Android and iOS phones. It allows you to engage in live, on-demand text (+ images) chats with real people whenever you want to ask a question or discuss a topic. You can chat for as long as you want. Each guru will have a rate (they set themselves) earned every 6 minutes of chat.
ARE MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS SAFE?
Yes, we use Peach Payments secure payment systems to handle all credit card payments. We are using the exact same systems used by well known online merchants, including Zando, Spree, Safarinow and Quicket.
CAN ANYONE BECOME A GURU?
In a few months time everyone will be able to become a guru. For now, we ask that potential gurus apply and we will do our best to include you. firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW CAN WE BE SURE THESE PEOPLE ARE WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE?
We are vetting every guru that joins the system.
WHAT IF THE GURU IS NOT ABLE TO CHAT?
The guru can delay the start of a chat for up to 2 hours. If the user accepts then a countdown timer will start and when it hits zero the chat screen will open and both parties will be notified.
HOW DO GURUS GET PAID
Gurus are paid into their bank accounts, all arranged when guru permission has been granted. Payment is less our commission of 10% – 25%. The commission depends on how many chats a guru has in a calendar month.
WHAT ARE THE BIG UPCOMING FEATURES?
Voice notes + VOIP + international currencies + category sorting + delay chat with scheduled time + much much more!
HOW MUCH MONEY CAN BE MADE ON TIMON?
- If your rate is R100 (per 6 minutes) and you have 5 chats a day, lasting an average of 14 minutes, you will earn R45,000 a month – at your convenience
- If your rate is R50 and you have 3 chats a day, lasting an average of 14 minutes, you will earn R13,500 a month – all on your terms
- If you are too busy and it’s taking up too much of your time, raise your rate
- If your rate is R200 and you have 3 chats a day, lasting 9 minutes each, that’s an extra R36,000 a month
- If your rate is R200 and you have 8 chats a day, lasting 9 minutes each, that’s an extra R96,000 a month
- Obviously the value of your time needs to be considered, alongside the industry you’re in and level of expertise you possess. After all, Time Is Money.
You’re more than welcome to mention a charity in your bio and commit to donating a percentage of your earnings. That’s totally your call.
WHERE DO I GET THE APP?